ABOUT JOHN LEWIS
- Home Solutions from John Lewis enables high quality Trade Professionals ("Trade Professionals") across a number of skilled trades to provide services to you ("Services").
- The mobile applications, websites and other online products and services through which you can engage any Services (together, the "Sites") are owned by John Lewis plc ("we", "us", "our"), a company registered in England under company number 00233462 whose registered office is at 171 Victoria Street, London SW1E 5NN. We are the data controller for the Sites.
- Your communications with Trade Professionals are facilitated by Twilio, Inc., a Corporation with California Corporate Number C3152782 whose Principal Executive Office is at 645 Harrison Street, Third Floor, San Francisco, CA 94107, United States. Your personal information will be processed by Twilio and any subsequent supplier of these services only in accordance with our instructions and in compliance with European Data Protection Legislation.
ABOUT THIS PRIVACY NOTICE
- We are committed to protecting and respecting your personal information and privacy. Your privacy is of the highest importance to us, and we promise never to release your personal details to any outside company for their mailing or marketing purposes.
- This Privacy Notice sets out the basis on which any personal data we collect from you, or that you provide to us, when you use our Sites, receive any Services and/or through other interactions and communications you have with us, will be processed by us. Please read the following carefully to understand our views and practices regarding your personal data and how we will treat it. By using the Sites you are accepting and consenting to the practices described in this notice.
- You may withdraw your consent to this processing at any time by contacting us. If you do withdraw your consent, we will be unable to provide Services to you or process your application to register for Services and we may still be able to process some of the data that you have provided to us on other grounds.
- If you are unhappy with the way in which we are processing your personal data under this notice then please contact us. You do have the right, however, to make a complaint to the relevant Supervisory Authority (in most cases under this notice the relevant Supervisory Authority will be the Information Commissioner’s Office).
INFORMATION WE MAY COLLECT ABOUT YOU
- We may collect and process the following data:
- Information you give to us. You may give information about you to us by filling in forms on any of the Sites, by corresponding with us by phone, e-mail, through the Sites, or otherwise and otherwise as part of booking to receive any Services through any of our Sites. The information you give us may include your name, address, e-mail address and phone number, date of birth and credit card information.
- Information we collect about you. We may also automatically collect the following information:
- details about the Service you requested, for example, appointment dates and times, the amount charged, any ratings you submit about any Trade Professionals;
- call data of any call with your Trade Professionals in connection with facilitating the Services;
- information about your visit such as the pages you visited and the advertisements you clicked on.
- information about where you are on the internet (e.g. IP address), your browser type, the country and telephone area code where your computer is located and your login information;
- Information we receive from other sources. We may also receive information about you if you use any of the other websites we operate or the other services we provide. We may receive information about you if Trade Professionals provide ratings of their dealings with you. We are also working closely with third parties (including, for example, business partners, sub-contractors in technical, payment and delivery services) and may receive information about you from them.
IMPORTANT INFORMATION ABOUT PLATFORM PERMISSIONS
- When using our app, we may ask to send you notifications related to the Services and for permission to access certain data stored on your device.
- iOS platform – you will get a message the first time our app wants permission to access certain types of data and will let you consent (or not consent) to that request.
- Android devices – you will be informed of the permissions that our app seeks before you first use the app, and your use of the app constitutes your consent.
HOW WE USE YOUR INFORMATION
- We use information held about you in the following ways:
- to contact you about the Services to be provided to you and to provide the Services to you;
- to contact you about the Services you have received, including asking you about your experience with our Trade Professionals;
- to administer the Sites;
- to serve website content and advertisements to you;
- for statistical or survey purposes to improve the Sites, its services to you and the Services; and
- if you consent, to provide you with information about goods and services we feel may interest you.
DISCLOSURE OF YOUR INFORMATION
- We may share your information with other businesses within the John Lewis Partnership and to reputable third parties (including your Trade Professionals) to help provide the Services to you. We require all third parties to treat your information as fully confidential and to fully comply with all applicable European Data Protection Legislation and customer legislation in place from time to time. We will not release your information to any company outside the John Lewis Partnership for their mailing or marketing purposes.
- You should be aware that if we are requested by the police or any other regulatory or government authority suspected illegal activities to provide your information, we are entitled to do so. We may also share your information with third parties if we buy or sell any business, or if the John Lewis Partnership or any assets are acquired.
STORAGE OF YOUR PERSONAL DATA
- All information you provide to us is held on secure servers. Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password which enables you to access certain parts of the Sites. We recommend that you do no share it with anyone else.
- The data that we collect from you may be transferred to, and stored at, a destination outside the European Economic Area (EEA). It may also be processed by staff operating outside the EEA who work for us or for one of our suppliers. By submitting your personal data, you agree to this transfer, storing or processing.
- Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to the Sites; any transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your information, we will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorised access.
- We will keep your personal data for as long as is necessary for the provision and administration of the relevant services being provided.
- The Trade Professionals and third parties we engage will keep your data stored on their systems for as long as is necessary to provide the relevant services to you/us.
- Even if you have accepted the processing of your personal data for marketing purposes (by ticking the relevant box), you have the right to contact us at any time to ask us to stop processing your personal data for such purposes.
- The Sites may, from time to time, contain links to and from the websites of our partner networks, advertisers and affiliates. These websites have their own privacy policies and that we do not accept any responsibility or liability for these policies. Please check these policies before you provide any personal data to these websites.
ACCESS TO INFORMATION
- You have the right to access information held about you. You can exercise your rights at any time by contacting us
CHANGES TO THIS PRIVACY NOTICE
- Please check back frequently to see any updates or changes to this Privacy Notice.
- Questions, comments and requests regarding this Privacy Notice are welcomed and should be addressed to Data Privacy Office, Partnership House, 1st Floor, Carlisle Place, London SW1P 1BX.
- For the purposes of this Privacy Notice, ("European Data Protection Legislation") is defined as, for the periods in which they are in force, the European Data Protection Directive 95/46/EC, all laws giving effect or purporting to give effect to the European Data Protection Directive 95/46/EC (such as the Data Protection Act 1998) or otherwise relating to data protection (to the extent the same apply) and, from 25 May 2018, the General Data Protection Regulation (Regulation (EU) 2016/670) (GDPR) or any equivalent legislation amending or replacing the GDPR.